Presenting the Ibanez Jem Jr ‘Drip’, It’s just a little FLO….
I’m really happy with how this project has turned out.
This has been an itch I’ve wanted to scratch for quite some time, so I’m really pleased with the results.
The base of this project is already an amazing guitar. The Ibanez Jem Jr packs a hell of a punch for its pricetag. But as all Steve Vai fans know, some of his favourite guitars have ‘a little bit extra’!
For years, Steve Vai’s ‘FLO’ models used the Fernandes Sustainer system. In recent years this has been changed to the Sustainiac system. With the release of the OEM board from Sustainiac, it is now possible to upgrade these lower-end ‘Jr’ models to something rather special.
- Mahogany body.
- Wizard III Maple Neck
- Jatoba fretboard with ‘Tree of Life” inlay
- 14-degree tilt headstock.
- 24 Jumbo Nickel frets.
- Floyd Rose locking nut.
- 25.5″ scale length.
- In the neck is the Sustainiac humbucker driver. This pickup has been wired as a standard neck pickup when the Sustainiac system is turned off. When the driver is in pickup mode it is voiced much like a PAF-style humbucker, which is very close to the Seymour Duncan ’59
- The middle position uses the original Ibanez Quantum single-coil pickup
- In the bridge, is the original Ibanez Quantum bridge pickup
- Switchcraft 5-way Superswitch, allowing for auto coil-splitting in positions 2 and 4.
- Master Volume control with push/pull High-pass filter, as found on the Ibanez Pia models.
- Master Tone control.
- Sustainiac Stealth Pro OEM system: on/off mini toggle switch and 3-way mode selection toggle switch (Natural-mix-harmonic)
- Harmonic gain pot.
- Barrel jack socket.
- The scratchplate has been upgraded to a white pearloid version to match the original Jem Flo model.
- All other hardware is original to the Jem Jr model, including tuners and locking trem system in cosmo black.
- A 9-volt battery box has been routed into the back of the guitar to allow easy access for battery changes of the Sustainiac system (not that this happens too often).
- Comes with a brand-new Ibanez Hard Case.
- Comes with all case candy and documentation supplied with the Jem Jr.
- Strung with Ernie Ball Slinky 9-42 strings.
- If you have any questions about this guitar, please feel free to contact us.
UK delivery only due to shipping costs.